未公開映像、弁護側の狙いがはずれる

100時間以上もの「This Is It」コンサートのリハーサル映像の閲覧の許可を判事に求めていた弁護側であったが、弁護側によればそれは「時間の無駄であった」。

金曜日、ソニー・スタジオは、弁護側の要請を受けて出されていた召喚状を却下するよう、マーレー裁判の担当判事に要請した。

コンサート映画「This Is It」の映像を所有するソニー・ピクチャーズの弁護士らは動議を提出し、検察側弁護側両者は裁判で未公開映像の使用を許されるべきではないと主張した。

上級裁判事マイケル・パスターは月曜日にこの要請を検討することになっているが、パスター判事は週末に予定していた映像を閲覧する計画をキャンセルした。パスター判事は、双方が証拠として陪審員に提示することを検討している16時間分の映像をすでに見ており、土曜日と日曜日に追加で閲覧するためにソニー・スタジオへ出向くつもりはないと語った。

ソニーはこの動議を、水曜日の審理の後の弁護側弁護士J・マイケル・フラナガンの発言を根拠にしている。フラナガン弁護士は、未公開映像は、死の直前のマイケル・ジャクソンの健康状態が悪いといことを示してはいないと述べていた。

フランガン弁護士はコンラッド・マーレーの弁護人を務めている。マーレーはマイケル・ジャクソンの死に対する過失致死罪において無罪を主張している。

マーレー弁護団は「This Is It」の未公開映像が、死の直前のマイケル・ジャクソンの健康状態が悪かったという彼らの主張を補強するものになると期待していた。

「彼(ジャクソン)の健康状態が危険なものであったと私たちは確信していますが、そういうそぶりは見せていません」とフラナガンは報道陣に対し語り、映像は裁判とは無関係であると考える、と述べた。「大きな時間の無駄でした」とフラナガン弁護士は語っている。

映像公開に難色を示していたソニー側はフラナガン弁護士の発言に飛びつき、動議の中で「未公開映像閲覧の計画が時間の無駄であるならば、裁判所は無駄に出来る時間はないと述べていたはずです」と述べている。

しかしながら検察側は主張を補強する映像を発見しており、パスター判事に対し、12時間分の未編集映像を使用する許可を求めている。

なお、本裁判の陪審員選定は9月8日に開始されることが決まっている。

70x53_29.jpg ■ Defense Not Happy With Jackson Footage
(22-7-2011) After practically begging the judge to allow them to look at hundreds of hours of footage of Michael Jackson's final rehearsals for the "This Is It" concert series in London, attorneys for Dr. Conrad Murray now say it is "a waste of time."

On Friday, Sony studios asked the judge in the case against Murray to throw out a subpoena for the footage following the defense's remarks.

Attorneys for Sony Pictures Entertainment, which owns the footage from the concert film, argued in a motion that neither the prosecutors nor defense attorneys should be able to use the footage during the trial.

Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor is scheduled to consider the request on Monday, but he canceled his plans to review the footage over the weekend. He stated that he had already viewed around 16 hours of film that attorneys were considering presenting to jurors as evidence, but he would not travel to Sony studios for additional viewings on Saturday and Sunday.

Sony based its motion on statements made by defense attorney J. Michael Flanagan after a hearing on Wednesday in which he said the footage does not show Jackson was already in poor health before he died.

Flanagan is representing Conrad Murray, who has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson.

Murray's defense team had been hoping the unseen footage from "This Is It" would support their contention that Jackson was frail and in poor health in the days before he died.

"We believe his [Jackson's] health is somewhat compromised, but he's not displaying it," Flanagan told reporters, adding that he believed the footage was irrelevant to the trial. "I really think it's a big waste of time," he said.

Sony, who was reluctant to release the footage at all, jumped on Flanagan's comment in its motion stating, "If the enterprise is a waste of time, the court has stated that it has little time to be wasted."

Prosecutors however, found the footage very helpful to their case, and asked Judge Pastor to allow them to use up to 12 hours of raw footage.

Jury selection in the trial is scheduled to begin on Sept. 8.

Source: MJFC / sacbee.com / AP
関連記事
Google検索

Google

WWW検索 ブログ内検索

プロフィール

MJJFANCLUB.JP

Author:MJJFANCLUB.JP
* このブログはマイケル・ジャクソンのNewsブログです。
EmailAddress:
info.mjjfanclub.jp*gmail.com
の*を@に変えてください。

お知らせ

マイケル・ジャクソン「ONE」、チケット ON SALE NOW!!!
Man in the Music-スパイク・リー監督推薦図書
MJJFC.JPフェイスブック (TV情報 etc.)
カレンダー
最新記事
カテゴリ
リンク
文字サイズ変更ボタン
文字を大きくする 文字を規定のサイズに戻す 文字を小さくする
モバイルはこちらから
QR
カウンター
WHAT ABOUT US
月別アーカイブ